Bastrop City Council Place 4
May 1, 2021
- 4th Generation Bastropian
- 21 Years of Service at AT&T Communication
- 21 Years as an active Union Member with Communication Workers of America, and Delegate of the Austin Central Labor Council
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration in 2016, University of Phoenix
- Received a Masters in Business Administration in 2020, Prairie View A&M University, a Historically Black College in Prairie View Texas
- 3 Years as a Commissioner on the Planning and Zoning Committee for Bastrop
- 2 Years as Secretary for the Bastrop Juneteenth Committee
- A Published Author
- Engaged with several grassroots organizations and efforts in the fight for workers rights, judicial reform, and social justice reform
VISIONARY, ADVOCATE, LEADER
- VISIONARY: Strong belief in being part of the change we want to see in our community, and committed to building on preservation and historical aspects of our city, while exploring amenities and conveniences that will create transgenerational opportunities that will enhance the quality of life for all ages in our community
- ADVOCATE: By committing to listening to the concerns of residents when making decisions that impact our community
- LEADER: Empowering others to take the initiative to become better informed, more involved, and play a more active role in the community by using their voice to help guide healthy decisions from Council
WHY I AM RUNNING FOR
As a fourth generation Bastropian, I understand what it truly means to retain the authenticity and hometown feel of our great city of Bastrop, TX while at the same time preparing for exciting growth in our community. As a child, I was taught that hard work and sacrifice go hand in hand while we work through this thing called life. You go to work every day, earn a. living, work with integrity, take care of your family, and never make excuses. My decision to run for City Council is rooted in this belief and my deep appreciation for our city and its residents. One of the most important benefits of living in this area is the amazing sense of community. Our community is growing, and with that growth comes changes that will impact education opportunities, job opportunities, our infrastructure, and our neighborhoods. Change is inevitable, however the path we take in adapting to the change is what defines our success. I want to build on the efforts of our current Council by empowering everyone in our community to work together to address these issues and future challenges we are facing.
- Focusing on our Civic Infrastructure through formal and informal processes and networks that better engage all residents in problem solving and decision making to reach common goals and meet individual and community needs.
- Enhancement of soft infrastructures such responsible maintenance of the city’s economy, health, wellness, education and cultural and social programs that support and improve quality of life for all ages, races, and socioeconomic circumstances
- Contribute in a positive and fiscally sustainable way, to the ongoing efforts of our current Council to complete much needed improvements in our hard infrastructures such as transportation, communication networks, water, sewage, and electrical systems
- Find the balance we need to continue in our efforts to promote local businesses, and support of entrepreneurs, while at the same time, preparing our city for the projected growth in a way that attracts the right type of new business investments to grow our tax base
As your representative, I am committed to offering solutions to the Mayor and Council that will collaboratively and economically meet the needs of all citizens of Bastrop.
I am ready to give back by working hard on your behalf and making a lasting impact on our community for years to come.
I hope to earn your vote on May 1, 2021, so that I may have the honor of serving as your
Place 4 City Council Representative
The Last Day to Register to Vote : Thursday, April 1, 2021
First Day of Early Voting : Monday, April 19, 2021
Last Day of Early Voting : Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Election Day : Saturday, May 1, 2021